What breakfast trends can you expect to see at the table this year?
Just like fashion and music, food experiences trends. Cupcakes, frozen yogurt, unique donuts, and sliders have all be trendy in recent years. Some food remains a constant classic, like the American diner-style dishes we serve at Gunther Toody’s. It’s hard to beat a delicious burger, French fries and a milkshake, but even these great standards are subject to trends. Like alcohol spiked milkshakes for adults and burgers topped with house-made pickles. Breakfast is a major category in the food industry and continues to grow as people recognize the value of the most important meal of the day. This year you can expect to see some breakfast trends hitting the menus. Here’s a quick look at what may find when going out for breakfast in Denver.
- More ethnic breakfast dishes such as huevos rancheros and shakshuka, a Middle Eastern dish of eggs poached in a flavorful tomato sauce with chiles and spices. European style breakfasts with dishes like bangers and mash, cold cuts, cheese and baked beans will also be offered.
- Ethnic-inspired items such as pancakes made with coconut milk and syrups infused with Asian flavors.
- Yogurt and Greek yogurt parfaits.
- Omelets and breakfast sandwiches made with egg whites.
- Portable items such as wraps, sandwiches and granola bars.
- Beverages such as energy drinks, seasonal juices and carbonated juice drinks.
- Breakfast pizza topped with traditional items like bacon and eggs.