Did you know that the most candy sales of the year happen on October 28? Keep reading for more fun Halloween Trivia!
Happy Halloween everybody! Today is the day that most children (and a lot of adults!) look forward to all year! The kids will be parading in their costumes, doorbells will be ringing tonight, and everyone is in a spooky, festive mood! Here’s some fun and interesting Halloween trivia to help you celebrate the day. Maybe you can impress your friends and family with your knowledge at the party tonight!
- Halloween is recognized as the third biggest party day, after New Year’s Eve and Super Bowl Sunday.
- More than 93% of children go trick or treating on Halloween.
- Americans purchase nearly 600 million pounds of candy a year for Halloween.
- Over 10% of the annual sales of candy take place in the days leading up to Halloween.
- Candy corn is top selling Halloween candy, followed by Snickers, Reese’s, Kit Kat, and M&M’s.
- The origins of Halloween are rooted in the ancient Celtic festival called Samhain.
- The state of Colorado performs the most Google searches for the term “organic candy.”
- The average American household spends $44 on Halloween candy.
- 90% of American parents admit to sneaking candy from their kids’ trick or treat bags.
- The first city-wide Halloween celebration in American took place in Anoka, Minnesota in 1921.
- Halloween in the second most commercially successful holiday. Christmas is number one.
- The classic horror movie Halloween was shot in 21 days on a very limited budget. It was shot in the Spring so they used fake Fall leaves.
Stop by with the kids tonight for some delicious treats at Gunther Toody’s!