Want to cut a few calories during the holidays? Ask for egg whites or try some of these other tips to help you pick a healthy breakfast in a restaurant.
The holiday season is officially here and for most of us that means a LOT of indulging! Be it with candy, cookies, drinks, cheese, or gravy, most of us tend to stop counting calories and start enjoying all the goodies. We also dine out a lot during the holidays because we’re going to parties, shopping for gifts, and just too busy to cook. Here are some easy ways you can pick a healthy in Denver breakfast restaurants that can help you save some calories here and there.
- Ask your server if the kitchen can substitute egg whites or Egg Beaters (or other similar product).
- Opt for whole grain bread where possible.
- Look for the “lighter options” section on the menu.
- Ask for fruit as your side dish instead of hashbrowns.
- Choose an omelette or scramble that is packed with veggies.
- Choose meats that are lower in fat like Canadian bacon or ham, instead of bacon or sausage.
- Ask for high fat items like butter and whipped cream to be on the side so you can control how much you use. Or skip the butter completely.
- Pass on items smothered in gravy, cheese and other high fat sauces.