Why save them for the holiday table when you can enjoy sweet potato fries any day of the year?
It used to be that French fries were nearly the only option as a side dish to your burger. And sweet potatoes used to appear on the dinner table almost exclusively during the holidays. But now the little orange wonders are popular year round and also appear often as sweet potato fries.
This trend of sweet potatoes gaining popularity started with fancy restaurants in big cities in the 1980’s, but has steadily grown into a full-blown love affair with the general public. From 2009 to 2011 the number of restaurants serving sweet potato side dishes increased by 40% and today you can find them on nearly every menu, especially in the form of fries.
If you need more convincing that you should try some sweet potato fries, check out our list of reasons why.
- Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins A and C
- Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index than regular potatoes, which means they have less of an impact on your blood sugar.
- Our sweet potato fries come with a delicious chipotle ranch dipping sauce.
- You can substitute sweet potato fries on any of our delicious burger platters for just $1.99.
- French fries are delicious, but a little variety now and then is a good thing!
- The sweetness goes perfectly with our Howdy Doody BBQ Burger or our Hang Ten Burger.
We’ll see you at Gunther Toody’s for an order of sweet potato fries!